Medical Billing Job in Washington, Dc : DC
Looking for Medical Billing Jobs? See currently available Medical Billing job openings on medical-billing.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-billing.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical billing job . We provide job resources for Medical Billing positions throughout the industry. medical-billing.jobs.net also provides Medical Billing jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Billing by either city or state.
medical-billing.jobs.net is a medical billing job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Billing jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical billing job search on medical-billing.jobs.net today.
Administrative Assistant - Ob/Gyn
Administrative Assistant - Ob/Gyn Job DescriptionPosition Summary: This position will perform a variety of secretarial/administrative duties for the OBGYN Department through extensive patient contact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides administrative support to the OBGYN Department.
2. Ensures accurate scheduling by team members.
3. Schedules patient appointments, tests and procedures using a computerized scheduling system; prepares appointment notices; provides patient instructions verbally for patient to prepare for appointment.
4. Reviews and manages provider schedule daily for accuracy and double bookings only approved by the provider.
5. Enters accurate and timely master schedule entry.
6. Ensures teams’ completion of the bump list, pending and No - Show Report, voicemails are reviewed in absence of a team member.
7. Obtains, document and verifies patient demographic, financial and insurance information using a computerized scheduling system.
8. Performs pre-registration activities to gather demographic information; determines medical insurance coverage; identifies patients with delinquent accounts; confirms appointments; and registers patients into a computerized system.
9. Reviews bump-list, pending report, No-Show Report, MyHealth Admin requests, and GWDOC e-mails daily.
10. Collects payment due at time of appointment as well as payments for unpaid balances; prepares receipts for all monies collected; provides copies for reception area, billing office and the patient.
11. Provides indigent patients with lists of alternative medical resources.
12. Receives callers and takes messages as necessary.
13. Receives, sorts, opens and distributes mail.
14. Arrange and coordinate all preoperative appointments.
a. Contact primary care physician and request necessary referrals for testing
b. Gather all results from preoperative appointments before surgery
i. Fax information to surgical unit
15. Pre-certify all surgical procedures and authorize in-office procedure.
16. Initiate Rx orders, Radiology orders
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant PAGE 2 OF 3
17. Completes patient paperwork within 3 – 5 Business Days from the time of receiving the documentation.
18. Mail out all clinical correspondence for physician(s), review provider schedules daily for accurate scheduling
19. Other miscellaneous administrative duties (medical records requests, etc.)
20. Manage Call In/Rejected Rx task list
21. Scan information into charts and print information from electronic records when needed
22. Prioritize and complete all tasks with documentation if necessary reassign appropriately
23. Task or fax procedural reports, labs & reports to referring physicians
24. Check task list and process messages if necessary (POL etc.)
25. Check print/fax queue for assigned division
26. Make correction in Touch Chart (Cut & Paste)
Washington Medical Billing Job
Administrative Assistant - Ob/Gyn Job RequirementsQualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education High school graduate or equivalent combination of training and experience is necessary; knowledge of medical terminology. Two years of college is preferred.
Experience Three years of administrative experience in a fast-paced healthcare setting. Experience working with patient records, billing and scheduling in a clinical setting is needed for this position. Typing skill of 30 WPM is necessary. Two years of customer service experience in a patient care environment, to include six months experience in patient scheduling, is preferred. Experience utilizing a computerized patient scheduling system or computer terminals is necessary. Familiarity with medical insurance and medical terminology is preferred along with referral and prescription intake experience. Knowledge of IDX patient scheduling/ registration systems is preferred. Bi-lingual preferred.