Medical Billing Job in Greenville, South Carolina : SC
Looking for Medical Billing Jobs? See currently available Medical Billing job openings on medical-billing.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-billing.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical billing job . We provide job resources for Medical Billing positions throughout the industry. medical-billing.jobs.net also provides Medical Billing jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Billing by either city or state.
medical-billing.jobs.net is a medical billing job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Billing jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical billing job search on medical-billing.jobs.net today.
Medical Office Administrator
Medical Office Administrator Job DescriptionWith a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. Built on the legacy of James Edward Hanger, the first amputee of the American Civil War, Hanger is steeped in 150 years of clinical excellence and innovation with a vision to be the partner of choice for products and services that enhance human physical capability. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Hanger, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer - female/minority/disability/vet.
Could This Be For You?
The Medical Office Administrator will provide the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources through the coordination and administration of the �front office� activities. Typical responsibilities include all aspects of the clinic administrative operations from scheduling appointments, validating insurance and payment authorization, inputting claims, processing payments, performing account collections, conducting billing research and responding to telephone inquiries. Ensure billing for all services provided is accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established Company policies and compliance programs.
Depending on the operational requirements and size of the Hanger Clinic, this position may include some or all of the functions or roles listed below:
Patient Check In:
- Responsible for all aspects of patient appointment scheduling, insurance verification, creation of new patient charts and maintenance of patient records in accordance to Hanger compliance policies, scanning and filing patient documents, ensuring complete and accurate information, managing incoming phone calls, timely completion of all assigned tasks.
- Provides administrative support for all aspects of closing a patient visit including obtaining insurance authorization, providing financial counseling for patients, posting over the counter (OTC) payments, timely completion of all assigned tasks, mail forwarding tasks and daily document research on an electronic health/medical record system, coordinating with clinical staff in managing in progress services, scheduling return appointments, reviewing and managing incoming documents and tasking to appropriate parties to outstanding requests for information.
- Reviews charge information to ensure accuracy per payer requirements; makes corrections as needed.
- Manages services in progress and updates to accounts receivable (AR) once items are delivered, maintaining AR levels over 120 days at or below target level.
- Responsible for reviewing claim edits and resolving them, working claim rejections and denials, performing voids and corrections as necessary.
- Responsible for submitting clean and accurate claims; accurate completion of patient chart required elements
- Timely completion of all assigned tasks.
- Generating reports to ensure that claims are processed within timely filing limits. Will also run claim edit metrics to determine the type of edit issues that are recurring to aid in future training.
- Manages the accounts receivable and collections process; timely completion of all assigned tasks.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining company mandated collection standards.
- Prepares outstanding accounts reports and gathers credit and/or reference information.
- Manages both the internal bad debt process and the external collection agency’s process for Private Pay accounts.
- Maintains database by entering, updating, and retrieving data, as well as formatting and generating reports.
- Resolves outstanding invoice problems from past due accounts. Responds to inquiries from customers or external collection resources.
- May place calls or send messages to those with unresolved issues.
- Assist with inventory as directed by Management and/or Inventory Coordinator as detailed below:
- Assist in reconciling items currently in use by clinicians to items in the inventory system
- Assist in counting inventory
- Assist in data entry of inventory counts
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum Job Experience Required: 2 years of office administrative experience
- A valid driver’s license and driving record within the standards outlined within Hanger’s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and Procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to sit, walk and stand; occasionally bend or twist; regularly talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms (to include reaching overhead); and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Preferred Qualifications and Experiences:
- At least 1 year of experience with electronic health/medical record systems (preferably NextGen and/or OnBase).
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and other medical insurance regulations and terminology for private payer, state and federal plans including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources.
- Ability to type 40 correct words per minute.
- At least 2 years of computer and office equipment experience including MS Office products (Word, Excel), e-mail and automated billing systems, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc.
- Basic administrative accounting skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with patients, referral sources, and colleagues.
- Personable office professional whose strengths include cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse population in multicultural settings.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills.
In addition to a competitive hourly wage compensation package, Hanger offers an attractive program of benefits to our employees, both full time and part time.
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS:
In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our patients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies or contractors will be accepted by the local Hanger Clinic. Please respect our policy. Any necessary inquiries should contact our corporate Talent Acquisition department.
Hanger, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics. Retaliation against any employee for filing or supporting a complaint of discrimination or harassment is prohibited.
Additional Success Factors
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment in You
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
Greenville Medical Billing Job