Medical Billing Job in Washington, Dc : DC
Looking for Medical Billing Jobs? See currently available Medical Billing job openings on medical-billing.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-billing.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical billing job . We provide job resources for Medical Billing positions throughout the industry. medical-billing.jobs.net also provides Medical Billing jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Billing by either city or state.
medical-billing.jobs.net is a medical billing job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Billing jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical billing job search on medical-billing.jobs.net today.
Physician_Urologist-Nvu Kenmore-Sherwood Job DescriptionPosition Summary
This individual oversees and provides medical plan and treatment in the Urology practice. May provide medical personnel with direction concerning patient care and prevention; providing in-service training programs as needed to address new technology in health care treatment; and providing charting in compliance with all laws and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Timely completion of patient clinical records for all settings at which the Physician provides services
2. Submission of timely, complete and correct billing information to the MFA
3. Commitment to the best interests of the MFA and the University by fully participating in the resolution of malpractice complaints
4. Full commitment to the MFA's patient care and quality improvement programs, including constant efforts to improve patient satisfaction
5. Conduct that is consistent with the ethical standards of the MFA and University
6. Obtaining and legibly recording a detailed medical history of each patient, including, but not limited to, the patient's chief complaint, his/her present condition, the patient's individual history, and his/her family history, as clinically appropriate
7. Performing physical examinations, as clinically indicated
8. Analyzing reports and/or findings of tests and personal examinations in order to assess the medical condition of the patient, including diagnosing his/her injury or illness and formulating a prognosis;
9. If a primary care physician (i.e., a physician practicing in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and/or Family Practice), referring the patient to other physicians, including specialists and other health care providers, when and if needed
10. If a specialist physician, obtaining authorization from the patient's primary care physician for any further referral of the patient to other physicians, including other specialists and other health care providers, when and if needed
11. Prescribing medication and treatment for the patient and recommending appropriate physical and dietary routines and methods for prevention of disease and personal hygiene
12. Performing various invasive medical procedures as clinically appropriate for the physician's specialty and classification
13. If a primary care physician in the primary care clinical unit, established by the MFA, responsible individually for providing and/or coordinating the patient's care for all patients in such physician's panel of patients, and, as a clinical unit, collectively for coordinating all aspects of patient care for such clinical unit's aggregate panel of patients
14. If a primary care physician, responsible for the coordination of the medical management of his/her panel of patients, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, consistent with the cross coverage arrangements within the clinical unit
15. If a specialist, responsive to the requests for specialty care consultations from the primary care physician, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, throughout the service area served by MFA, consistent with the cross coverage arrangements within the department
16. Relationship of primary care physician and specialist physician characterized as synergistic, with mutual respect, trust, collegiality, and support
17. Keeping and maintaining appropriate records relating to all professional services rendered
18. Preparing and attending to all reports, claims, and correspondence necessary or appropriate to the performance of the professional services, and timely completion of all applications, forms and other records necessary to bill for and receive reimbursement from payors for Physician’s services
19. Attending professional conventions and post-graduate seminars as well as participating in professional societies on a reasonable basis
20. Promoting the professional practice of the MFA
21. Being available to provide professional services to all patients (scheduled, walk-in, or emergency) whenever scheduled to be at, or on call for, MFA
22. Providing coverage when other physician employees are unavailable due to vacations, holidays, illness, and attendance at professional activities
23. Timely reporting births, deaths, outbreak of contagious diseases, and other information required to appropriate governmental authorities and as required for MFA reporting obligations
24. Directly supervising nurses and other personnel in accordance with MFA's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, interviewing and training new assigned staff, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems, and participating in the hiring, appraisal, reward and discipline of other personnel
25. Participating in MFA governance, credentialing, peer review activities, risk management, utilization management, quality assurance, and other committees, as required by the MFA
26. Performing other duties assigned by MFA (including by the Department Chair) from time to time
27. Being available to perform his/her professional services during the MFA's office hours as established, from time to time, by MFA
28. Following all policies and procedures of MFA
29. Performing such teaching, medical director and administrative services as requested by MFA.
Washington Medical Billing Job
Physician_Urologist-Nvu Kenmore-Sherwood Job RequirementsQualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Medical Doctorate Degree from an accredited US institution and appropriate licensure required. Successful Completion of Urological Residency Training Program.
Certification Board Certified/Board Eligible Urologist; Medical License/Eligibility for Licensure in the State of Virginia
Competencies Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA). Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.
Position reports to the Practice Group Administrator.